Finally Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 is out! What does it fix? From Microsoft:
- Improved WPF designers
- SQL Server 2008 support
- ADO.NET Entity Designer
- Visual Basic and Visual C++ components and tools (including an MFC-based Office 2007 style ‘Ribbon’)
- Visual Studio Team System Team Foundation Server (TFS) addresses customer feedback on version control usability and performance, email integration with work item tracking and full support for hosting on SQL Server 2008
Download it here
I didn’t see VS2008 starting faster or compiler faster, however the delays between web pages are gone, thanks Microsoft for that one, was really bothering me.
I have been covering the release of Visual Studio 2008 service pack 1 for a while now. Looks like a simple search in Google returns me on top of dotnetslackers and Scott Guthrie’s blog, that’s crazy, I should stop blogging about the SP1.
Other bug fixes that I haven’t notice however I found by looking at the list released by Microsoft:
- MS Mouse had problems, I had a MS Laptop Mouse and I don’t think I had a problem before.
- VS2008 hangs in design view with the UpdateProgress. Oh that was the reason of the hanging?
- Panels and UpdatePanels were not good friends.
- CSS files in a nested folder are not being pick up. I haven’t seen that.
Complete list of issues here