A Distributable (.exe) Silverlight OOB Application
I’ve seen a few questions regarding how to deploy a Silverlight Out of Browser application in an .exe over the past couple days. This post will show you one way of doing that.
- Create your Silverlight OOB app
- Open up a new .txt file and add:
(remove the line breaks & watch the spaces!)
- Save the file and change the file extension to .bat (i.e. run.bat)
- Run c:\Windows\System32\iexpress.exe as admin
- Follow the wizard until you’re prompted for the “Packaged Files”
- Add your .xap and .bat
- Continue until you’re promoted for the “Install Program to Launch”
- Type cmd.exe /C run.bat for the “Install Program”
- Complete the wizard.
You application should now be packaged in a distributable .exe.
P.S - If you’ve never heard of sllauncher.exe check out Tim’s blog post here.
P.S.S – Step 8 is only required if you’re deploying to an x64 machine. Otherwise just specify the .bat file.