Retina.NET 184.108.40.206 Published!
Well, last nite I published the new version of Retina.NET at GotDotNet.
This new version includes a lot of hard work an several new cool features in addition to the usual bug fixes.
I have updated the QuickStart document to include a overview of the new lazy load capabilities for child entities and collections, but there are a lot of other improvements made that I will be describing in future articles as time goes.
The two most important new features are:
- The new Lazy load support using proxies.
- Inheritance support.
but there are also important changes in this areas:
- Criteria objects redone to support complex expressions and parsing (thanks Daniel Aguilera!)
- Criteria objects can include filter conditions from child entities.
- Generation and retrieving of Identity values in the storage.
- Support for Null child entities.
- Better support for NullableTypes.
- New Oracle8 DataStore, tested with Oracle 8i.
- The Oracle DataStore renamed to Oracle9, tested with Oracle 9i and 10g.
- The MsSql DataStore was tested with SQL 2005.
- Added more Unit Testing cases.
- A lot of clean-up in the code and accesibility of classes and members.
- Changed some Namespaces to better organize code.
- Updated ADO.NET providers used to the last version (MySql, Postgres, etc).
- A lot of other changes / fixes.
There are still a lot of work to do, but these are generally new features that I have in mind. This version then should be considered BETA quality and I expect that any remaining bug be eliminated so we can declare Retina.NET 1.0 final release soon, and then start working in the next version.
Please download the new bits/source and let me know how this new version is doing out there. Any comments are welcome.