I am currently inside the NetBeans IDE which is my IDE of choice at the moment for my Java development. I thought I would mention a refactoring feature I would like to see inside Visual Studio "Out of the Box." It is with regards to the encapsulation of fields.
- Yes you can create a class diagram and encapsulate a field
- Yes you can right click in code view and encapsulate a field
- Yes you can download, purchase or create a plug in to do the following
BUT, I would like to see two things:
- The following functionality out of the box ready
- The ability to encapsulate a selection of fields or to be able to select the fields you would like to encapsulate inside a nice GUI Dialogue.
Some may say lazy, others may say more productive. In NetBeans I can go to the refactor menu and click encapsulate fields and I am presented with a nice dialogue where I can select the fields I would like to encapsulate and also a few more properties to describe the encapsulation I desire for each field. Just saves time in my view.
I am greedy lol, what I would also like to see form the NetBeans dialogue above is also to open it up after refactoring and being able to edit. That would be really useful. I am going to download Visual Studio 2010 and see what is new and going on lol. It can be found here: