The latest version of the Argotic Syndication Framework has been released. Download the 2007.1 release of the framework.
The Argotic Syndication Framework is a Microsoft .NET class library framework that enables developers to easily consume and generate web content syndication services from within their own applications
Overview of framework features:
- Easily consume and/or generate syndicated content from within .NET client and web applications.
- Supports consumption and inclusion of 17 of the most common specifications used to extend syndicated content.
- Implements an extensible syndication extension model that allows users to easily develop their own pluggable syndication extensions.
- Supports asynchronous consumption of syndicated content resources.
- Automatic detection of syndication extensions utilized by syndication resources.
- Supports consumption of secure/authentication restricted syndication resources.
- Provides a format agnostic means of consuming syndication feeds.
- Supports HTTP 1.0/1.1 conditional GET retrieval of syndication resources to reduce bandwidth usage.
- Implements a provider model that provides a uniform interface between syndication services and data sources, allowing users to choose almost any storage media.
- Designed to be called by partially trusted code.
The framework provides full implementations of the following syndication formats:
The framework is capable of consuming the following legacy syndication formats:
The framework provides full implementations of the following commonly used syndication extensions: