The Argotic Syndication Framework is a Microsoft .NET class library framework that enables developers to easily consume and generate web content syndication services from within their own applications
Overview of framework features:
- Easily consume and/or generate syndicated content from within .NET client and web applications.
- Supports consumption and inclusion of 17 of the most common specifications used to extend syndicated content.
- Implements an extensible syndication extension model that allows users to easily develop their own pluggable syndication extensions.
- Supports asynchronous consumption of syndicated content resources.
- Automatic detection of syndication extensions utilized by syndication resources.
- Supports consumption of secure/authentication restricted syndication resources.
- Provides a format agnostic means of consuming syndication feeds.
- Supports HTTP 1.0/1.1 conditional GET retrieval of syndication resources to reduce bandwidth usage.
- Implements a provider model that provides a uniform interface between syndication services and data sources, allowing users to choose almost any storage media.
- Designed to be called by partially trusted code.
The framework provides full implementations of the following syndication formats:
- Atom Syndication Format 1.0
- Outline Processor Markup Language (OPML) 2.0
- Really Simple Discovery (RSD) 1.0
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS) 2.0
The framework is capable of consuming the following legacy syndication formats:
- Atom Syndication Format 0.3
- Outline Processing Markup Language (OPML) 1.0
- Really Simple Discoverability (RSD) 0.6
- RDF Site Summary (RSS) 1.0
- RDF Site Summary (RSS) 0.90
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS) 0.92
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS) 0.91
The framework provides full implementations of the following commonly used syndication extensions:
- Apple iTunes
- Basic Geocoding Vocabulary
- Creative Commons Licensing
- Dublin Core Metadata Element Set
- Feed History
- Feed Ranking
- Microsoft Simple List Extensions (SLE)
- Microsoft Simple Sharing Extensions (SSE)
- Pheed Photography
- RDF Site Summary Content
- RDF Site Summary Slash
- Well-Formed Web Comment API
- Yahoo Media