Are you into Test? Curious about how we test ASP.NET? Have you wondered how a Microsoft test team operates? If so, this blog is for you :)
The ASP.NET team as has been improving in the way that it develops and releases software, the underlying principle has been to get builds on customer's hands early and frequent to get feedback from the community. Additionally, we are starting to make source code releases through CodePlex to be even more transparent.
Even though the test team is an integral part of all releases, not a whole lot is known outside Redmond about what we do or how we do it. This blog is an effort by the test discipline to reach out to the community and share our experience on the challenge of testing the ASP.NET platform.
So, what can you expect from this blog?
- An inside account of the process and methodologies that our team uses.
- Some of the in-house tools that we use to test ASP.NET that we can share with the community.
- Sample applications using new features of Asp.Net that are created by the test team.
- Tips, tricks and anecdotes regarding how we tested different components.
- Things to watch out for when testing your own ASP.NET apps and controls.
Federico Silva Armas
ASP.NET QA Team