Just my luck, huge fire in the central exchange ment no internet access for several days and then I get the Flu :( some of these notes may be old news, but hey its news to me :)
- Flex has been released, tons of info already out there.
- Been some discussion of pricing, Jesse has raised some points (I agree with JD that the title of the post is a little out there). My advice is to go thr forums and raise your issues there, at the very least one of the folks from MM can help you understand it.
- The UK RIA Macromedia User Group (UKRIAMMUG for short :) has launched, great to see, not sure if it will ever be in my neck of the woods but would be great to see what's what. A catchy name, I am playing Rainbow 6 a lot at the moment so I recommend Zulu ;-)
- Chris Anderson (one of key Avalon developers for those that don't know him) is looking foward to seeing Flex in the wild, its nice (and understandable) that the Avalon team are keeping an eye on what the Flex team are doing. As these two technologies grow they will be learning from each other (along with other RIA app's such as Laszlo). Already, Flex is in the wild.
- Jason Zander has some info on the recent IronPython paper, he has mentioned that .NET 1.2 and Rotor will feature lightweight code generation (LCG) and will further aid supporting dynamnic languages. Jason asks what value these languages have in your day to day work. I am sure many folks will answer that with RAD and all purposes scripting (admin scripting for example) amongst other things. My answer is that simply these languages are being put to use (in many different ways) and it makes no sense to not support them, should the CLR only support one subset of languages (Brad asks what will be the most popular in 5/10 years time) or as many as possible.
- One of MS's very own script designers Eric Lippert has an interesting post that he will look at writing a script engine from scratch and then look at moving it to managed code, in light of Jasons post it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
- Michal has some interesting notes on the recent CGO/MRE
- Miguel has posted a note on all the PPT's from the Mono Brainshare
- Dan has note on a forthcoming GC seminar at MIT, hopefully some notes from seminar (and Dan's own thoughts if he makes it) will show up.