Items of interest pt11
Quite worn out from todays fun :)
- The first UK RIA meet went well, great to see, its pleasing that a good mixture of Java and .NET folks were there talking about RIA and how they can be used (sadly no pics). Some talk of the group going south of the border, it would be great to see the RIA word getting spread all over the UK. MM's Mike Chambers is flying into the UK for the next meet to talk more about MMs vision for RIAs, hopefully many more MM staffers will pop in to talk.
- Phil asks if anyone is interested in a .NET developer group for the the North of England (Manchester) UK, its my kneck of the woods so I would be. Who knows maybe I could talk some pro speakers into giving a talk ;-)
- Tech Ed Europe 2004, Tim blogs about BOF at this years TechEd Europe event. Would be great to see a CLR/Rotor and Mono BOF, not sure if I will be able to attend so can't nominate yet, lets hope someone does.
- Joel has been busy, some great posts on debugging Rotor in Mac OSX and Free BSD (would be great to see this extended to effects on debugging on a platform port) and late-bound invocation scenario notes.
- Jesse has some great posts on his up and coming SWFSource for .NET and a basic compiler to translate C# to ActionScript. The compiler sounds interesting, Jesse has based his work on Robin Duebrils compiler (who intends to add C# -> ActionScript support). Would be great to see this work be open sourced and all efforts shared.
- Sam makes 50 in his 'New and Notables', congrats :) He has an interesting link to a VS powertoy to add syntax colouring to VS for IL, prehaps we will see more here, Intellisense for IL maybe :)
- MSBuild articles on MSDN, funky to see.
- Miguel wades in with his assessment of the potential of XAML and Avalon. John thinks it may be hype and that Internet enabled apps are going on now. Sure they are, Flex and Laszlo are just two ways it can be done.