MbUnit 2.4 RTM
After over 6 months of hard work the MbUnit 2.4 went to RTM tonight. Between the RC and the RTM.
- [MBUNIT-27] - ExpectedExceptionAttribute does not verify message
- [MBUNIT-79] - "Console.Out" tab not cleared on assembly reload
- [MBUNIT-103] - TD.Net doesn't report mismatched version
- [MBUNIT-104] - DataFixture ForEachTest XPath fails if it has a /
- [MBUNIT-105] - HTML Report encoding sucks
- [MBUNIT-107] - Assert.AreNotEqual() does not increment assertion count
- [MBUNIT-109] - AssemblyCleanup requires a static class
- [MBUNIT-112] - Failed Combinatorial Tests do not call tear down
- [MBUNIT-117] - Double-clicking .mbunit project file throws exception while loading assemblies into GUI
- [MBUNIT-121] - Error when report type is supplied but no report folder
- [MBUNIT-11] - FixtureSetUp Log missing in GUI
- [MBUNIT-77] - Tree order is not sorted
- [MBUNIT-122] - Console help should only be shown when necessary
- [MBUNIT-124] - Run button should not be enabled if no assemblies are loaded
- [MBUNIT-63] - RowTest and decimal parameters
- [MBUNIT-65] - Open MbUnit to Last Test
- [MBUNIT-118] - Extract Embedded Resource Attribute
- [MBUNIT-119] - Test non-public members of class. Also Test non-public classes.
- [MBUNIT-120] - Use DateTime in RowTests
- [MBUNIT-123] - Specify path for AutoRunner reports
My thanks to the folks that worked hard on this release, Graham Hay, Vadim Kreynin, Julian Hidalgo and Phil Haack.
In order for MbUnit to reach 2.4 the thanks once again to all the people that worked hard, Graham Hay, Vadim Kreynin, Julian Hidalgo, Phil Haack, Joey Calisay, Ben Hall, Jeff Brown, Tomáš Chaloupka, Albert Weinert, Marc Stober, Johan Appelgren, Cathal Connolly and Todd Menier.
- .NET 1.0 support dropped.
- .NET 1.1 support in 2.4 merged into the main line (No need for MbUnit.Framework.1.1.dll)
- Added greater support for .NET 2.0 including (MbUnit.Framework.2.0.dll)
- Database rollback (now no longer need COM+ if your using .NET 2.0).
- Private method testing (see Vadims articles here and here).
- Generics in certain Asserts.
- Support for NUnit style explicit attributes.
As well as a great deal of bug fixes and functional improvements.
The road ahead.
2.4 signals the end of major releases for 2.*, interim releases with tweaked functionality and bug fixes will still occur to 2.4 (starting with 2.4.1) but the next major release of MbUnit will be v3 codenamed MbUnit Gallio. In the coming weeks the core development team will be stepping up through the gears on MbUnit Gallio.