[Cool Tool] Position is Everything - Pagemaker
[via Dave Massy’s Weblog]
Position is Everything has a cool tool, Pagemaker, for generating css columned web pages with hacks to work on most browsers. It is an online app where you fill out the options you want and it generates the html and css for you!
- Source Ordered Layout (Content First).
- Substantial x-browser support in one design.
- 100% page height design (except MAC IE 5.x, which is fluid height instead). Fluid height version soon.
- No images used to make layout (unless you add your own 3D effects).
- Fully customizable by user from online form (makes the css for you).
- Heavily commented css and source code to explain design.
- User can select from various Doctypes to use.
- On line Tooltips to explain the form.
- Uses source code ideas from Paul O'Brien, Big John, and loads of others, plus lots of ideas of my own!
- Allows multiple header and footer rows.
- Centered/Left Aligned fix-width design (fluid width design may come later), user sets the widths of all columns.
- Top and Bottom margins (shows background color) now possible within the 100% height.
- It's FREE.