This a major release for the Mono project and includes many improvements:
- Windows.Forms is implemented! This allows WinForms GUI applications to run on both Windows and Linux.
- Extensive platform support. You can run Mono almost anywhere!
32 bit systems: x86, PowerPC, ARM, s390, SPARC.
64 bit systems: x86-64, s390x, Itanium (IA64).
Operating system support Linux, OSX, Windows and BSD.
- Performance Improvements. Lots of compiler optimizations, I/O layer rewrite, and ASP.NET rewrite
- More ways to run ASP.NET applications. You can run them under mod_mono on Apache, XSP (a standalone web server in c#), or embed a web server in your application with Mono.WebServer.dll
- Tons of unit tests! The Mono team is very big on unit testing and has over 121,600 lines of new NUnit tests for ASP.NET alone!
Congrats to everyone on the Mono team for reaching this milestone.