If you haven’t built a full-blown, multi-layer, 3–tier web application with ASP.NET yet then here’s your chance. In case you missed it back in June, Scott Mitchell has a 10 part series on doing such a thing. While I don’t agree with some of the approaches (I’m not a fan of strongly typed DataSets) he uses the series is well written, has a lot of great techniques on building a website with ASP.NET 2.0, and is a good read for those wanting to get into it.
Here’s the links the entire series:
- Tutorial 1: Creating a Data Access Layer
- Tutorial 2: Creating a Business Logic Layer
- Tutorial 3: Master Pages and Site Navigation
- Tutorial 4: Displaying Data With the ObjectDataSource
- Tutorial 5: Declarative Parameters
- Tutorial 6: Programmatically Setting the ObjectDataSource's Parameter Values
- Tutorial 7: Master/Detail Filtering With a DropDownList
- Tutorial 8: Master/Detail Filtering With Two DropDownLists
- Tutorial 9: Master/Detail Filtering Across Two Pages
- Tutorial 10: Master/Detail Using a Selectable Master GridView with a Details DetailView
There’s also a more detailed page here that has both the C# and VB.NET downloads available along with PDF versions of the articles. It’s a wonderful series and really goes deep into everything you need to know about building an Enterprise-scale web site.