Thursday, December 30, 2004 10:42 AM Christopher

A couple of releases

So I released a new version of PostXING , adding support for the new IBlogExtension plugin I was talking about the other day. Oh, I released the BlogThisUsingPostXING plugin, too.

I think I mentioned that I got the large part of the source code for that one from haacked, but if I didn't, I am now. The source is in no way original by me, I just hacked the solution from his improved plugin for using w.bloggar with RSS Bandit.

To use the plugin, the latest version of PostXING is required - it writes out the location of PostXING so everyone knows how to play nicely together and also takes in (kind of) an html file for adding post information to PostXING on load. Sorry about that - I had no idea how to get this working before I got this great code sample from haacked. I'm sure that neither one of you will mind that much, tho.

[ Currently Playing : Alpha Centauri - At The Drive-In - In Casino Out (3:13) ]

Filed under:

Comments

# RE: A couple of releases

Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:02 PM by Yex

Does this new version of PostXING include spell-checking? I know you had been working on that, but so far haven't been able to find any way to do it with this new version, so was just wondering if that was done yet or not.

# re: A couple of releases

Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:27 PM by Chris Frazier

Unfortunately, no. :(

I had it implemented before, but the spell checking component makes the download too large. So I'm trying to find a viable plugin architecture to, erm, borrow. :)

If I implemented the spellchecker as a plugin, I wouldn't have to change it everytime I add a new feature to PostXING, and I could keep the main PostXING download to a minimum.

I'm all ears if you have an idea in mind :)

# re: A couple of releases

Saturday, January 1, 2005 2:45 AM by Illiov Dmetriev

Would be great if you could indicate what's new and changed since the previous version.

Also, most people don't realise there is a new verion available on the Project Distributor site because the "date modified" hasn't changed on the main PostXING page to indicate the change.

Thanks you for great product