New .NETMF 4.2 QFE2 Release, NETDUINO UPGRADES!
Earlier today the latest release of the .NET MicroFramework (v4.2 QFE2) was released over on http://netmf.codeplex.com/. You might ask, why does a DotNetNuke guy care about that? Toys! Well, I call them toys, they are my toys. I’ve dabbled with Netduino over the past year or more and am looking forward to getting the new firmware from Netduino installed on my devices.
Along with the new .NETMF release Netduino has updated the Firmware for the devices to be able to utilize the new bug fixes. Check out Chris Walker’s post over on Netduino.com for the full details.
A quick snippet from his post to get your juices flowing:
This exciting new release includes a number of major enhancements over .NET MF 4.1:
- 50% more RAM for Netduino Plus (42KB vs 28KB)
- Visual Basic support
- New WinUSB drivers (for those who had ocassional BSODs)
- StringBuilder and other new classes
- New core AnalogInput and PWM classes
- Garbage collector bugfixes
- More bugfixes; see netmf.codeplex.com
Users are welcomed to upgrade to their boards to .NET Micro Framework 4.2 at the time of their choice. The new SDK supports both 4.1 and 4.2 projects, so you will be able to use both boards with the same SDK. We will continue supporting users on both versions for the time being.
Now, which project do I upgrade first? The Netduino Tank, or DNNFoos? Probably the later as that has direct applicability at the office
Here are some of the posts over on Netduino that will be helpful for you to get going with upgrades.
- Upgrading .NETMF 4.2 qfe2 and Netduino SDK
- Upgrading the Firmware on your Netduino(s)