Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I sent some information to a colleague via OCS 2007 R2 client recently, and I can't find it back when I look at my Outlook client today. Then I notice that the option of "saving chat history in Outlook" is disabled (by default) since I install OCS!

Enable the chat history archive:

• Tools > Options > Personal > Personal Information Manager

Result:

Published Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:00 PM by Colt
Filed under:

Comments

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I dont see Persoanl tab in Tools > Options >

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 9:21 AM by Rakesh

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

The UI setting above toggles this reg value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator]

"ImAutoArchivingPolicy"=dword:00000001

1=archive OC conversations in Outlook

0=don't archive conversations in Outlook

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:53 AM by Nicko

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I did not find this registry value.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:37 AM by shoeb

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

'I dont see Persoanl tab in Tools > Options > '

you need to be looking in OCS not outlook!

Monday, May 23, 2011 6:56 AM by me

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

Use the registry setting in the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator

"ImAutoArchivingPolicy"=dword:00000001

1=archive OC conversations in Outlook

0=don't archive conversations in Outlook

Thanks Nicko for the info.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:14 PM by Nikhil

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

i can not see "Communicator" in regeditor for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator"

can you guide me

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:48 AM by prajesh

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I don't see the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator" registry entry either.

Can we just add it?

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:33 AM by roland

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I can now check the box in Office Comm, but now my toolbar icon shows a '!' with the reason of 'Outlook integration error'.

Do I need to set something within Outlook itself now?

Friday, October 21, 2011 12:35 PM by Phil

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

i can see a masg displaying that  This conversation is being saved in the Conversation History folder in your Outlook mailbox.

But i cannot see the conversation that is saved in my mail box . Can you help me out ?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:45 AM by Sridhar

@Sridhar

Create a folder called Conversation History. Then the chat will be stored in the folder

Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:45 AM by Mac

I do not have Personal > Personal Information Manager under Tools > Options

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:46 PM by @RD

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

@ Mac 1/12/12 -- Creating the folder worked! ty :)

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:58 AM by DM

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I am unable to find the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator" what is the alternative?

Friday, March 23, 2012 2:28 AM by Avinash

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

If you don't see the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator  -- then create it and then create this DWORD value:

"ImAutoArchivingPolicy"=dword:00000001

Monday, April 30, 2012 11:50 AM by Dhanesha

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

50 % discounts on all airtickets flights and hotels as well as all football matches

email us at  makitelove@yahoo.com

no advance payment needed

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:12 PM by FoeproloWer

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I can't find the personal tab either.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:29 PM by Doug

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

My Company recently turned off the ability to change the setting from the GUI:

"Save my instant message conversations in the Outlook Conversation History folder"

So, from Tools  --> Options --> Personal, this option was UNCHECKED and GRAYED OUT.

After making the modification to the registry as detailed above, Closing Communicator, then reopening, the option was *CHECKED* and GRAYED OUT.

I tested this and it is working well...my conversations are getting saved again.

Thanks everyone for the posts!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:34 AM by Bill Miller

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

Creating the folder worked! yes!!!

Thanks man!!!!hahaha

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:53 AM by sheng liu

I cant see Tools > Options > Personal > Personal Information Manager

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:50 AM by Rajesh

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I made the changes as described.

========================

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator]

"ImAutoArchivingPolicy"=dword:00000001

========================

In MOC, the option is shown as checked and greyed(cannot edit from UI).  Restarted MCS and Restarted Outlook.  But i cannot find Conversations Folder in Outlook. Do i need to create it ?

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:49 PM by Latin

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in detail,

so that thing is maintained over here.

Friday, November 2, 2012 3:10 PM by Martel

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

this option you are setting in office communicator menu, not in outlook.

then restart outlook and you'll see history folder

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:33 AM by qwery

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so

i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find

things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your

ideas!!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:39 AM by Reid

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological world

everything is available on net?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:41 PM by Frias

The Amazing Hidden secret Of Methods One Might Take

control of best cheap seo vps Without Having Any Practical experience!

Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:54 PM by Washburn

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

Hi there i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i thought i could

also create comment due to this good piece of writing.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 6:51 PM by Hudgens

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.

Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

Bless you!

Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:34 PM by Penn

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

This will help improve circulation, keep their bones

strong, and their muscles fit. A majority of the Noni that is bought in the U.

Sunday, April 7, 2013 2:44 PM by Cupp

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?

I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web site!

Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:22 PM by Wimberly

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

It's remarkable in support of me to have a website, which is helpful in support of my know-how. thanks admin

Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:43 PM by Hamm

# re: Enable Office Communicator Chat History in Outlook

As a web site owner. Do you believe like owning a website or even blog site is profitable?

Also how does one get individuals to visit your site?

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 11:59 AM by Britton