Fix The Annoying "Windows Explorer has stopped working" Message in Windows 7

A friend of mine told me the captioned message when he try to right click an object in Windows 7 desktop. It's really strange because my friend and I are using the same installation disc while my Windows is working properly (touch wood) now. Anyway, below are the suggestions or directions that anyone who seen this message:

1. Restart your Windows - Well, it normally works :)
  2. Disable User Account Control - Procedure here
  3. Run Windows Update - Check any missing or outdated drivers of your OS and peripherals
  4. Disable / Uninstall Anti-Virus - Sometimes it works
Published Sunday, July 3, 2011 7:22 PM by Colt
Filed under:

Comments

# re: Fix The Annoying "Windows Explorer has stopped working" Message in Windows 7

your information is great

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:26 AM by Visit Bangladesh

Hi guys, finally got rid of “Windows explorer has stopped working” error. I was not able to retain any explorer page more than 5 seconds. That pop up error message used to appear immediately. So I tried these steps:

1. Open task managaer.

2. End task “explorer.exe”

3. New task

4. Browse

5. Go to control panel  using left side navigation panel

6. Right click on programs and features, explore

7. Go to tab ”Organise”

8. Folder and search options

9. Select tab ”View”

10. Check “Always show icons, never thumbnails”

11. Uncheck “Display file icon on thumbnails”

12. Ok and restart.

Thanks guys for the solution. It’s the same old best solution but with different environment like mine.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:25 PM by raghu

Did not fix my issue with this.  However, nothing has EVER fixed this issue for me.  It just goes on and on and on for years.  Both of my Win 7 machines have the same problem.  I just can't believe that Microsoft cannot come up with a fix for this ongoing, annoying issue.  Amazing...

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:43 AM by Ed

Thanks Raghu

Your solution worked perfectly.  MIne kept crashing everytime I copied and pasted, now seems fine.

Was all working ok till the last update from windows

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:43 PM by Nathan

i do i go about solving this same issue for my PC. Have been on it for the past two weeks and can't make any head way. My problem with the solution you pasted is that, i can't open anything that deals with my computer, control panel etc. Please help me out

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:57 AM by emma

Windows Explorer has stopped working.Please fix it.Best wishes - Naeem

Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:55 PM by Major Naeem Hussain

Windows Explorer on my computer has stopped working.Please fix it

Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:02 PM by Major Naeem Hussain

JUST TRY THIS METHOD:

before this i got the same problem...use various method, but this is the best solution i had found it....

SIMPLE and EASY way....=)

1.open your window. 2.click ORGANIZE and click FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTION. 3.click VIEW and mark ALWAYS SHOW ICONS, NEVER THUMBNAILS!

hope it will help u....

GoodLuck!! ^^

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:11 PM by hana

"JUST TRY THIS METHOD:

SIMPLE and EASY way....=)

hope it will help u....

GoodLuck!! ^^"

works perfectly! Thanks!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:53 AM by joon

thanks a lot for solving the problem

I opted method of control panel

it works.........

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:46 AM by tapanshu

joon, its not working.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:23 PM by bangs

please give me solution

thanks

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:34 AM by Mohebullah Mandozai

joon...thanks a lot...it works...

Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:05 PM by muhsin

Thank's a lot this resolve my problem...  nice method....

Sunday, September 9, 2012 11:54 PM by Angel

I can't even restart it and the cursor isn't show up. it's just the blue circle keep running.. HELP :(

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:13 AM by elisa

One word: Ccleaner

Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:42 AM by Carl

K-lite codek pack  го деинсталирайте напълно !! Аз така реших проблема. С PotPlayer & KMPlayer си гледате безпроблемно всичко. Проблема идва от свалени от интернет видео файлове ,които създават този проблем.Винаги сваляйте в отделна папка и така ще знаете кога и кой фаил ви е създал проблем.Ако се случи влезте в папката от някой плеар и от там изтрийте фаила. Но както написах реших проблема като премахнах K-lite codek pack .Успех !!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:52 AM by Владо

This website is great. I like it.(www.linkspirit.net)N_X_D_S.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:15 AM by UserName

uinstall any softwaredb215b834d47b47764f0469c4c2a9aa5

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:36 PM by <a href="http://www.uninstalltips.com">uninstall</a>

hello 557697cbc43deb8fbe920e52b5c6e94e

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:57 AM by <a href="http://www.spydig.com/">remove spyware</a>

how can i go to programs and features

Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:32 AM by geri