I guess I'll join the trend of puting job postings on a blog. We're growing our development team at eQuest and we're looking for that special person that loves to develop web applications, server side components, and a touch lots of different Microsoft products and technologies. If you're expereienced in MPS architecture, engineering, and/or development and want to work with a team of MPS experts, than this is youre future home!
If you're interested, please shoot me an email with your resume.
Conrad Agramont, Senior Architect, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
eQuest, a division of Planet Technologies Inc., is looking for a Software Development Engineer that is passionate about developing challenging applications and a desire to work with a variety Microsoft based products and technologies. eQuest works with Service Providers and Telecommunications companies around the world to solve their business requires through the use of Microsoft products and technologies and custom integration with exciting software solutions.
An ideal candidate will be heavily experienced in provisioning and automating Microsoft products and technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, Internet Information Services, and SQL Server). Knowledge of Microsoft Solutions (Hosted Exchange & Windows based Hosting) and the Microsoft Provisioning System is a plus.
This position will also contribute to future product development for the eQuest Automation Framework (EAF). EAF is an ASP.NET-based user interface and a collection of class libraries (built on Visual Studio.NET 2003 and C#) which provides a web based user interface to manage customers, users, and services in a Microsoft Hosted Exchange and Microsoft Web Hosting environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop component level specifications
2. Perform peer based reviews for code efficiency and security.
3. Participate in project related team meetings and reviews
4. Work with Project Managers, Developers, and Testers to ensure proper scheduling, integration, and validation of your coding deliverables.
5. Work directly with customers on feature design and requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding and experience in Microsoft Solution Framework (MSF) development process
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Active Directory, Domain Name Service, & Internet Information
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Microsoft Provisioning System
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (2005 is a plus)
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET & C#
- XML (Schemas,
During the Hosted Exchange (or HMC) installation process, you have to run the makeGalLinked.exe utility. Now this should be done before you actually install Exchange, at least per the docs. Now I made the mistake of installing Exchange first and then going through the rest of the solution documentation. My fault, but how do you get around this? Make sure you run this on the Active Directory server (which by the way should be a Windows 2003 Server). Below is the error (It will have a Red background when ran from the Command Line):
This post moved to: http://agramont.net/blogs/conrad/archive/2005/06/03/35.aspx