You're going to want to check out pixel8 because this show is all about the people and the technology surrounding great user experiences.
Now, I know what you are thinking...
You're a software developer, you leave the "pretty stuff" to the guys with the black turtlenecks and the felt berets; you don't do design. Ah, my friend, but you do!
We are emphasizing on "user experience" because it's so much more than graphic design and layout choices. User experience is about the look-and-feel, but also about performance, reliability, intuitiveness and a lot more. I like to think of it as the feeling someone has when they walk away from your software just as much as what they encounter while using your software.
So what's in store? Here's a quick run-down of the guests we've already lined up for you:
- Scott Guthrie: Silverlight 2.0
- John Gossman (WPF & Sliverlight Architect): Building WPF & Silverlight
- Dr. WPF: Demystifying WPF
- Josh Smith: Intro to WPF & WPF + MVC + Unit Testing
- Jeffery Zeldman: Version Targeting - A Standardista's Story
- Chris Wilson (Platform Architect for IE): Version Targeting - A Browser Maker's Story
- Markus Egger: Pioneering WPF
- Jesse James Garret: History of AJAX and New User Experiences
- Walt Ritscher: WPF Wonderland!
Trust me... we're not stopping there!
Almost all of the above shows are recorded and are queued up for production. To satisfy right now here are the shows we are launching with:
- Rick Barraza (User Experience Architect at Cynergy Labs): 8 Days, 1 Dev = MS Surface *Minority Report* Style in WPF - a must-see video!
- Jeff Veen (Application Design Manager at Google): The Secret to Successful User Experiences
- Brad Abrams: .NET Yesterday & Today
- Grant Hinkson: CSS-like Control Over Windows Forms
- Craig Shoemaker: pixel8 inagur8ion
Finally if you want to help spread the word, I'd love it if you helped pass along this promo.