Before you move on with this example you must complete all the steps of this post.We need to have a ASPxGridView that displays some data from an SQL Server table.
1) I am going to add an ASPxPopupMenu control on the default.aspx page.When the user right-clicks on the header of each column of the grid a pop up menu will appear with options Sort Ascending,Sort Descending,No Sort.I will do that by using client side events.
2) Set the ASPxPopupMenu's ClientInstanceName to rightHeaderMenu
3) We need to add items to the Items collection of the ASPxPopupMenu control. We need to add 3 items. Have a look at the picture below
4) We need to set the ASPxPopupMenuPopAction to RightMouseClick
5) Now we need to write some code that will override the default right-click behavior when the user right-clicks on the grid's column headers.Choose the ASPxGridView control and from the Smart Tag click Client-Side Events and in the new window that appears, select the ContextMenu event and type the code as shown in the picture below
If the user right-clicks on the headers of the columns of the grid the new context menu will appear.
7) Build and run your application.
Have a look at the picture below to see what happens in my case when I run my application
Hopefully you have witnessed how easy it is to add client side functionality using the ASP.Net DevExpress controls and enhance user experience.
Hope it helps!!!