Contents tagged with patterns
The book is currently available on Amazon.com and can be used with the Kindle software or Kindle devices. I also plan to release an ePub version as well for those that don’t use the Kindle software (more details to come). Here’s an overview of what the book covers:
Key concepts covered in this jumpstart guide include:
- Function spaghetti code and why it’s bad
- The role of closures
- Namespaces and the global scope
- Different techniques for defining variables
- Techniques for dealing with the "this" keyword
- How to extend and override functions
- The Prototype Pattern
- The Revealing Module Pattern
- The Revealing Prototype Pattern
I’m also working on an AngularJS JumpStart Guide that I hope to release in the near future as well.
In a previous post I discussed how an HTML5 Web Sockets server could be created using ASP.NET 4.5. In this post I’m going to walk through the process of getting a socket server up and running using Node.js.
The AngleBrackets and DevIntersection conference is all wrapped up for me and I had a great time as always meeting new people and talking about technologies that I really love to work with. Thanks to everyone that took the time to come to my talks - I definitely had a lot of fun giving them and chatting with people after each session.