I had a chance to give a talk on ASP.NET MVC 3, Razor and jQuery today at a company and wanted to post the slides and demos from the talk. The focus was on getting started with ASP.NET MVC 3 projects and .cshtml files including creating pages using the new Razor syntax (which I personally love….never going back to the Web Forms View Engine) as well as working with jQuery. Topics covered in the demos (download below) include:
- Binding form data to custom object properties
- Validating a model using data annotations and IValidatableObject
- Integrating jQuery into MVC sites (using the DataTables plugin)
- Using the new WebGrid class to generate tables with sorting and paging functionality
- Integrating Silverlight applications into MVC sites
- Exposing JSON data from a controller action and consuming it in Silverlight
- Using the Ajax helper to add AJAX functionality (without jQuery)
The code and slides from the talk can be downloaded here.
If you or your company is interested in training, consulting or mentoring on jQuery or .NET technologies please visit http://www.thewahlingroup.com for more information. We’ve provided training, consulting and mentoring services to some of the largest companies in the world and would enjoy sharing our knowledge and real-world lessons learned with you.