I'm Looking For A Good Program Manager (Or Someone That Wants To Be)
Although I generally reserve this blog for nonsense, I do have something relatively serious to post. I have an immediate need for a program manager for a contract-based job based in Redmond, WA. Please note that this role is for my company, SharpLogic Software (http://www.sharplogic.com), and will take place mostly on the Redmond, WA site of one of my biggest customers. It will initially have a four month pilot period starting in January with the likelihood of being extended to a full two years, and probably even more beyond that.
As for requirements, the PM:
- Must live within commuting distance from Redmond, WA, and be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must have a BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or a related field (this means more to the customer than it does to me), with at least two years of experience
- Must have strong understanding of XML, SQL, and ActiveX
- Must have broad expertise with Windows, although specific developer experience is not required
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
Up front, I’d like to point out that this isn’t a programming role. It is, however, a technical role in which you’ll probably learn more about the details of working with Windows than you ever expected. If you are an experienced developer or tester who would like to grow their program management experience, this is a great opportunity for you.
If you’re interested in learning more (or know someone who would be a good fit), please send a resume directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note if you would like the submission to be kept confidential.