January 2006 - Posts
I was recently taking a SQL Server 2000 database and moving it over into SQL Server 2005. I did it the old fashioned way and unfortunately the login that our application used to access the DB wasn't in the new SQL Server. I was silly and tried adding the login to that server instance. Fine. Authentication with the DB still didn't work though and as many of you know, when I went to then delete the login from the DB itself I couldn't. In SQL Server 2005 there is a system SP to call to automatically fix this. Here's what I called...
EXEC sp_change_users_login 'auto_fix', 'myLogin'
That's it and everything was peachy again. A lot of you have seen this already I'm sure, but for those of you who haven't, hope it saves you time. This entry is mostly just so I remember it. ;)
Curious about the upcoming MIX conference? Not sure if you should be excited or not? Check out the video on Channel 9 about it
Sadly, the answer is no. I submitted a feature request towards the beginning of the release of the product feedback center. A few minutes ago, I got a toaster message on messenger saying one of my items had been updated. I clicked it and even though, sadly, it didn't take me directly to the item, I could see that my Guid.TryParse suggestion had been updated. I went and looked and yipee skippy, there's a workaround posted.
I'm a big fan of Regex, but I suck at it. I'm glad someone else wrote it for me. Now I can just drop it in my code when I need it. Hope someone else finds this useful too. :)
Tonight I uploaded a minor release to Microsoft Gadgets. This release features bug fixes, the XBox contest winners and AJAX enabled gadget gallery. Details below...
- Gadget Gallery
- Added alphabetical sorting
- Added sort order changing
- Navigate gallery without postbacks (paging, sort type, sort order, tag search)
- Back and Forward buttons supported for paging in IE and Firefox and Opera support coming soon
- Tag Search fixed for Firefox and Opera
- XBox contest winners announced and special icon assigned to winners in forums
- Add Gadget Wizard accessible from Gadget Builder Depot page
- Bug Fixes
- User profile links invalid
- Gallery paging bug fixes
- Should not be able to rate your own gadget
- Default height for Gadget Preview
- Gadgets tagged with RSS show properly
- Gadget broken image coming up before approved by Gadget Inspector
- Many Others
If anyone is interested in how the AJAX paging works with the browser history, let me know and I'll do a quick write up. As I mentioned above, Firefox and Opera support for that will be coming soon. I hope all you gadgeteers enjoy the latest update and as always, there's more on the way. :)