Here is a list of the changes for the next version of CodeSmith
. It is ready to release now, but I am not legally able to release a new version until ownership has been transferred to me from RedRiver Systems. So far I have $100 of ~$300 (this is the revised estimate after speaking in detail with several lawyers) needed for lawyer fees to make the transfer happen.
- Removed expiration.
- Added CodeSmithConsole.exe to enable processing a .xml property file from the command line. (CSharpCodeGeneratorSample and VBCodeGeneratorSample folders)
- Created installer.
- Added a Visual Basic Code Generator Sample (VBCodeGeneratorSample).
- Added a designer for the DatabaseSchema object.
- Added Owner property to TableSchema, ViewSchema, and CommandSchema and fixed bug relating to tables, stored procedures and views were assuming dbo as an owner.
- Fixed problem where SchemaExplorer would fail if collation was different from the master database.
- Added view support to SchemaExplorer.
- Fixed problem with SQL7 compatibility and column descriptions.
- Updated CollectionGen templates from the latest CollectionGen release.
- Changed to a build system instead of going on and on forever with beta builds.
- Dropped support for Visual Studio .NET 2002. The Visual Studio features will only work with the final release of Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- Dropped RedRiver from all namespaces. If you have templates that refer to RedRiver, you will need to update them.