After publishing an alpha version, a beta version and a RC 1 version I'm glad to announce that the final version of Smart Client Software Factory for Visual Studio 2008 has been published on MSDN.
What is new in this release?
- The April 2008 release of Smart Client Software Factory includes support for Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5. This release does not support Visual Studio 2005.
- April 2008 Guidance Package can run side-by-side with May 2007 Guidance Package.
- The April 2008 release requires Guidance Automation Extensions 1.4.
- Support for Enterprise Library 3.1.
- We fixed a few bugs that were identified by the community. These are some of the bugs fixed:
- WPF C# View is not being disposed correctly
- View does not properly dispose
- Install fails when VB is not installed
- ShowViewInWorkspace Id
- Error with WPF SmartParts and ISmartPartInfoProvider Title is required
- Visual Basic Version of the SCSF has a missing code in the view's dispose method
- App.config is not using the signed assemblies (PublicKeyToken is null)
How to enable a May 2007 solution
If you have a May 2007 solution and you want to enable it to use this new guidance please read this page.
Documentation on MSDN (HTML format)
More Information of this release
Enjoy this new guidance.
Crossposting from here