Fabrice's weblog

Tools and Source

News

My .NET Toolbox
An error occured. See the script errors signaled by your web browser.
No tools selected yet
.NET tools by SharpToolbox.com

Read sample chapters or buy LINQ in Action now!
Our LINQ book is also available on AMAZON

.NET jobs

Emplois .NET

Tuneo

ASP.NET Hosting transatlantys

Contact

Me

Others

Selected content

Archives

UI design and prototyping tools

As my previous post shows, I have a growing interest in user experience and UI design patterns. I'm also interested in mockups and prototyping tools, which are of course directly related to UI design and user experience.

Here are the tools I've identified:

Do you know any other tool?

Comments

Elijah Manor said:

Fabrice,

Which of these tools do you recommend?

Which of them are free? Of the free ones, which do you recommend?

Have you used all these tools?

Thanks for the list. I will enjoy looking through them!

# February 16, 2009 1:53 AM

Fabrice Marguerie said:

Elijah,

I don't know the tools well enough yet. I'm just starting to experiment with them. I may share my experience in another post.

I'll try to indicate which tools are free.

Fabrice

# February 17, 2009 6:48 PM

Christopher Bennage said:

I'm very interested in this as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what you discover.

# February 20, 2009 9:43 AM

Markus said:

How about Omnigraffle... much nicer than Visio and with the Omnigraffle templates at Graffletopia, it's easy to wireframe :-)

Problem: only available on the Mac.

Markus.

# March 5, 2009 1:00 PM

Emma said:

Thanks for such exhaustive compilation, finally almost all tools are in one list.

Personally, Im using JustProto and I appreciate it's simplicity and quickness. Beside, it's browser based so sharing the prototypes with others is easy.

# October 23, 2009 4:27 AM

Neeraj said:

Go with the Microsoft product - Sketchflow. It is a part of Expression Studio 3(~$500 - $600).

It is bound to be a leader in prototyping as it blends excellantly with Visual Studio environment generating the XAML for the developers.

# February 3, 2010 2:01 PM

Bernard said:

For prototyping of 3D user interfaces (in case you're a programmer), Unity3D could be used. There's a free version available, which is sufficient for prototyping.

# March 26, 2010 5:59 PM

Jeremy said:

Ever decide on a tool?  What are your top picks and why?

# June 3, 2010 5:29 AM

Fabrice Marguerie said:

I wouldn't be able to give advice on prototyping tools at this point because I haven't really used any yet in fact. I've been too busy with something else.

# June 3, 2010 5:41 AM