The new Gartner report put Microsoft on top of the SOA technology providers.
Gartner has just released a new "Magic Quadrant" Report for Web Services that is meant to help guide decision makers as they choose which vendors to work with to develop their SOA strategy. In this report Microsoft tops all of the other vendors with IBM not far behind. Sun and BEA on the other hand are still in the “Niche Players” quadrant.
The report uses the following five criteria to determine the positioning of vendors within the quadrants.
- Web Service Vision and Business Strategy
- Overall Incorporation of Web Services in Product and Service Offerings
- Support of Emerging Business Models
- Web Services Standards Influence
- Web Services Developer Influence