Test and management are some of the most important aspect in Web Service development in these days. Specifications like WS-Management confirm this fact.
Well, an interesting tool has been released to help developers to test their services.
Parasoft SOAPtest is the most comprehensive tool for testing Web services. SOAPtest allows users to verify all aspects of a Web service, from WSDL validation, to unit and functional testing of the client and server, to performance testing. SOAPtest addresses key Web service issues such as interoperability, security, change management, and scalability. Because of its flexible nature, SOAPtest is an ideal choice for development engineers and QA professionals alike, since its unit tests can be leveraged into scenario-based tests, as well as load tests, without any additional scripting or re-inventing of the wheel. By utilizing SOAPtest throughout the software development lifecycle, users can prevent errors, improve quality and reliability, and accelerate the time to market for their Web service initiatives.
- WSDL schema verification and compliance to standards
- Automatic test creation using WSDL and HTTP Traffic
- Data-driven testing through data sources (Excel, CSV, Database Queries, etc)
- Scenario-based testing through XML Data Bank
- Flexible scripting with Java, Java Script, Python
- WS-I Conformance: Basic Profile 1.0
- WS-Security, SAML, Username Token, X.509, XML Encryption, and XML Signature support
- MIME/DIME Attachment support
- Asynchronous Testing: JMS support
- Identifies bottlenecks through SNMP and Window Monitors
- Detailed Report generation in HTML, XML and Text formats
- Real-Time graphs and charts
- Uniform test suites can be rolled over from unit testing to functional testing to load testing
- Prevent errors, pinpoint weaknesses, and stress test long before deployment
- Ensure the reliability, quality, security and interoperability of your web service
- Verify data integrity and server/client functionality
- Identify server capabilities under stress and load
- Accelerate time to market
- HTTP 1.0
- HTTP 1.1 w/Keep-Alive Connection
- Windows 2000/XP