Contents tagged with Software
I just released to Codeplex the first beta of my Windows Home Server 2011 web add-in called WHS YouTube Downloader. Log in to WHS web interface, add YouTube videos to download queue, do something useful while home server downloads videos and watch them later when downloads are done. Sounds easy? Well, okay, it is easy!
As there are still bloggers who use CopySourceAsHtml add-on for Visual Studio to get syntax highlighted code to their blog posts and there is no guidance in CSAH site how to make it work with Visual Studio 2010 I will give my guidance here. Almost all code in this blog is syntax highlighted by this add-on (read more from my post Visual Studio add-in: CopySourceAsHTML).
Last version of CSAH is available for VS2008 but it is easy to make it work with VS2010. Just follow these steps.
- Close VS2010 if it is opened.
- Goto folder MyDocuments\Visual Studio 2010.
- Move to AddIns subfolder (create it if there is no such subfolder).
- Create file called CopySourceAsHtml.AddIn and open it in text editor.
- Paste the following XML to editor:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<Name>Microsoft Visual Studio Macros</Name>
<Name>Microsoft Visual Studio</Name>
<Description>Adds support to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for copying source code, syntax highlighting, and line numbers as HTML.</Description>
<Assembly>JTLeigh.Tools.Development.CopySourceAsHtml, Version=3.0.3215.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bb2a58bdc03d2e14, processorArchitecture=MSIL</Assembly>
- Save file and close it.
- Run VS2010 and activate add-on if it is not activated yet.
That’s it. If you are heavy user of CSAH then I recommend you to bookmark this post. :)
When using Jira web service methods that operate on work logs you may get the following error when running your .NET application: Object of type System.Xml.XmlNode cannot be stored in an array of this type. In this posting I will show you solution to this problem.
I am documenting local community portal that is hosted in CodePlex. Wikis have always been annoying for me when it comes to creating a good content. So, I was preparing for boring evening full of wiki mark-up and messing with good format, manual image uploads etc. But CodePlex surprised me today – it’s wiki supports Windows Live Writer!
Some great news from Microsoft dudes – NuPack, ASP.NET MVC 3 Beta and WebMatrix Beta 2 are here! Seems like busy weekend is coming. Here you can find download links to new versions of products.
I am auditing one big legacy application. I use Visual Studio 2010 modeling projects to visualize the design of this legacy application. When I wanted to get my UML diagrams to image files so I can insert them to documents I found no option for it. As it turned out we have to write extension for modeling projects and deploy it as Visual Studio 2010 extension. Here is the installer and source package of my UML.SaveAsImage extension.
Long time ago there was simple ASP.NET editor called Web Matrix that was replaced by Visual Web Developer Express when Express versions came for Visual Studio. Now is time again for some small and easy tool and here it is – Microsoft WebMatrix Beta. In this posting I will introduce you Microsoft WebMatrix and show how it works.
In my previous posting about code metrics I introduced how to measure LoC (Lines of Code) in .NET applications. Now let’s take a step further and let’s take a look how to measure compiled code. This way we can somehow have a picture about what compiler produces. In this posting I will introduce you code metric called number of IL instructions.
Some readers asked me for Visual Studio project of my simple object to object mapper. I am glad to announce that the source code of my mapper is now available for download. It is Visual Studio 2008 project written on C# and besides mapper implementation it contains primitive sample application that shows you how to use my mapper.
JQuery and web development
- Limit Number of Characters in a TextArea using jQuery
- Find out which Key was pressed using jQuery
- jQuery Superfish Menus Plug-in
- Make website images look like a video with this CSS effect
- CSS2 – opacity
- 55 per cent of subscribers think content is too expensive
- RIM Files Patent for Merged Capacitive and Resistive Touchscreen
- HTC patents magnetic stylus for capacitive screens
- Programmatically creating Wiki Pages
- Presenting MOSS Support Explorer (Not even Beta Yet)
- "This week in Pictures" web part in Sharepoint 2007 and Time Interval
- #SharePoint Site Collections and 100Gb Content Database guidance
- Facebook spam
- Twitter Co-Founder Evan Williamsā€™ Wife Tweets to the World While in Labor
- Twitter-Written Opera Will Debut at Royal Opera House
- Stop the Presses! 40% of Tweets Are 'Pointless Babble'
- Twitter Used to Manage Botnet, Says Security Expert
- DB Schema Viewer
- Game program for kids less than 2 years :)
- Using TCP Analyzer to Debug TCP Performance
- O3D:- Google Releases 3D support open api for web browsers
- Community Clips
- Remote Server Administration Tools RSAT for Windows 7 Released
- Multimethods in C# 4.0 with 'dynamic'
- Implementing Parallel While with Parallel.ForEach
- Instantiating interfaces
- Using Linq with Microsoft Word and Excel
- 20 tips to write a good stored procedure (is really just 12)
- Using the innerText Property in Firefox
- How to reset regional language to English in Windows Live Writer (Live Writer)
- Nhibernate and the Null object pattern (programming)
- Preparing Today for SharePoint 2010 Q&A (SharePoint 2010)
- What is a Smart Client anyway? (varia)
- WER Services : The Three Cs of Response Satisfaction (Windows)
- Download details: Virtual Hard Disk Getting Started Guide (virtual-pc)
- Creating Visual Guidelines inside Visual Studio (Visual Studio)
- Google’s Decision to Launch the Chrome Operating System Reflects the Growing Importance of Web Applications (Google)
- Google Services for Websites Adds New Tools (Google)