The Community TFS Build Manager is developed as part of the Community TFS Build Extensions CodePlex project.
The Community TFS Build Manager has been created for two reasons.
- An implementation of the Team Foundation Build API which is referenced by the Rangers Build Customization Guidance V2 (available H1 2012)
- Provide a solution to a real problem. The Community TFS Build Manager is intended to ease the management of builds in medium to large Team Foundation Server environments, though it does provide a few features which all users may find useful.
Current Feature Set
- View and sort Builds and Build Definitions across multiple Build Controllers and Team Projects
- Bulk operations on Build Definitions
- Change Build Templates
- Set Retention Policies
- Clone Build Definitions (includes workspace mapping translation)
- Create a DGML image of your Builds and Controllers
- Bulk operations on Builds
- Open Drop Folders
- Retain Indefinitely
NOTE: A standalone Windows Application is available in the release from CodePlex.
Originally posted at "Hosam Kamel| Developer & Platform Evangelist"