October 2004 - Posts
I've just installed the GMail Drive shell extention and its working GREAT !
If you need 1G virtual drive ... get this shell extention now :-)
Update: Gmail Shell ext v1.03 is out ! - Shell ext is working again after google changed the login procedure
NCover is a tool developed to instrument .NET code and gather code coverage data while your code executes. NCover is an open source initiative located on GotDotNet at:
The NCoverViewer is a reporting plug-in for Visual Studio.Net which enables you to analyze the coverage of your code in an easy-to-use way.
The Microsoft Solutions for Security (MSS) and the Security Center of Excellence (SCOE) teams are proud to announce the release of The Security Risk Management Guide. This guide was developed in order to address the challenges that customers often have when attempting to put in place a plan for security risk management. Commonly, customers do not have the in-house expertise, budget resources, or guidelines necessary to accomplish these tasks.
When there is a need for storing string securly you might want to consider using one of following methods:
Making Strings More Secure
SecureString in Net v1.1
When you want to deploy WSE project through Setup Project there are two ways to do it:
1. Run the Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 2.0 SP1 for Microsoft .NET Redistributable Runtime MSI using msiexec through the Setup Project Installer
2. The WSE assembly contains an installer class that handles registration so you can put the Microsoft.Web.Services.dll in the gac and run InstallUtil /i Microsoft.Web.Services.dll to register it.
I was googling for some information when I bumped again to Side Decks and Lab Manuals of TechEd 2004.
So here are the links:
CommNet 2004 (TechEd 2004)
Track Session Slide Decks
Pre Conference Workshop Manuals
Hurry to download them as they will be probably gone soon :-)
Learn how to build a data processing extension for Reporting Services that enables you to use an ADO.NET DataSet as a data source through this MSDN Article by Christa Carpentiere.
Sometime there is a need to communicate with the Service Control Manager ...
A simple command line by the name of SC will do the work !
sc delete <servicename>
sc start <servicename>
Richard Hale Shaw talks
to the guys about what's on his mind. Namely, patterns, practices, anti-practices and anti-patterns, best practices, patterns in .NET, the future of C++ and managed code, VB6 as the ultimate anti-pattern, lack of OOP in ASP.NET 1.1, and looking forward to ASP.NET 2.0.
FlexWiki is a new .NET implementation of the Web-based authoring tool known as Wiki.
The FlexWiki Shared Source toolset provides a way for Windows developers to deliver collaborative web authoring environments and allows those developers to establish web-based communities (on their intranets or on the Internet) to enable collaboration on the software they develop.
FlexWiki provides the following benefits:
- Standard editing, quick hyper-linking, and table generation.
- Support for federation and multiple namespaces.
- Full topic search and back link referencing.
- Easy integration with search engines.
- Dynamic content generation using the WikiTalk scripting language.
- Archive functionality for page history and linking to specific historical page versions.
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS), feed aggregation and other forms of notification when a Wiki changes.
- Easy to extend with.NET languages through integration with WikiTalk
Microsoft Releases FlexWiki Source Code
More Posts Next page »