Well, with my previous post about a ODBMS solution, I did get some good feedback for the need for a high quality photo gallery for .NET.
With this, I've decided to continue on with my project - nGallery.
My goals of the project are:
- Ability to create multiple photo albums, with multiple photos in each album
- Ability to customize albums and photos with personal information (captions, titles, descriptions, etc...)
- Ability to customize the look-and-feel of your photo album easily, without having to dig into code
- Ability to plug the gallery into a number of different data stores: XML, Access and SQL Server
- And, lastly, it's going to be FREE and Open Source!
I've got an initial goal of August 1 for a pre-release beta of the product. Where I'll first support the XML datastore, and roll-in the other data stores with the subsequent releases.