I haven't posted about nGallery in quite awhile, so I thought I would post an update!
We've done a TON of work, and are really close to a v1.0 release!
- Easy, "out-of-the-box" installation. Literally, copy it up to your host (or wherever), edit the web.config for your specific site and voila!
- Extreme customization. You can change the entire look of your nGallery by updating all the control templates. You can change from a listing layout to a grid layout easily, which a few changes in your config file.
- Skinning. You can use the default skin that comes with it, or create your own. And, swap between skins easily.
- Full web-based administration of your nGallery.
- Automatic thumbnailing of all pictures. Thumbnail sizes are fully customizable in the config file.
- You can add/view comments on pictures.
- You can "Send to Friend" any page in your nGallery that includes personal comments, and a link. The sent HTML is fully customizable.
- You can send any picture to Shutterfly for professional printing.
- All listings are paged.
- nGallery, by default, uses an XML based backend. Does not require SQL Server or any other database provider.
The features that we're finishing up before v1.0 release:
- The SQL Server backend.
- The final, default skin.
Then we're ready to roll! I'd love to have some people go download what we have in source on the GDN page, and give it a try. See if you can break it, or find any bugs! And, of course, feedback is essential. I know what I like in a gallery application, but I would love to know what I've head on the head, and what I haven't quite gotten.
And, of course, feel free to jump in and contribute. It's a fun project!
You can get the workspace here.