nGallery v1.5 Released!
This is a bit delayed, but we recently released nGallery v1.5 with a lot of great features that everyone's requested.
Check it out!
nGallery v1.5 is now available for download!
Visit the nGallery site at http://www.ngallery.org to download!
nGallery is a FREEWARE, OPEN SOURCE implementation of a image gallery written purely in managed .NET and C#.
nGallery provides a solution to store and display your image galleries on your own Web site, as well as providing means for customizing and extending nGallery to your own personal likings.
This release features many new enhancements include sub-albums, picture ratings, slide shows, picture view counts, an improved admin interface, image scaling enhancements, and much much more!
> Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 *
> Ability to manage directory-level permissions
> Ability to configure a directory as an application directory (for global.asax processing)
> While a database is not required, if you wish to run the SQL Server data provider you obviously must have access to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 or above.
* = nGallery is currently untested with Mono.
New in this release:
* Custom error page for unhandled Exceptions
* Slide Show
* Next Pic/Previous Pic on Picture Details
* Picture Rating
* Template Rendering Engine
* Admin Redesign
* Added album summary to picture listing.
* Fixed Shutterfly integration to use real image resolution.
* Update album listing to show first 150-200 chars of album desc, now that the full
desc is shown on the picture listing.
* Added a Web.config setting to allow adjusting of string truncation size.
* Updated album listing to strip all HTML from album descriptions when displaying.
* Add Next/Previous Album on picture listing page.
* Added web.config options to configure album/picture nav links as disabled or disappear.
* Admin: Updated description textboxes to use the FreeTextBox control instead.
* Up'ed the slideshow delay to 10 seconds. Loads too fast on dialup.
* Admin: Added picture count to main album listing.
* Admin: Changed "View Count" to "Views".
* Updated JS window open so that Shutterfly call always opens in same window.
* Added Sub-album support. This was huge. Lots of new features:
* Ability to put albums within albums within albums, to no limit.
* Ability to page within the album "tier".
* Ability to assign parent album in Admin.
* Ability to navigate back up to the parent album.
* Added the ability to remove comments from the site all together via web.config.
* Added the ability to remove ratings from the site all together via web.config.
* Updated picture comments to strip HTML for possible HTML hi-jacking.
* Updated picture comments to fix the poster's URL, if necessary.
* Fixed: No longer enlarges a small image on picture details page.
* Fixed: No longer loses picture filename when updating a picture and using SQL Server.
* Admin: Added "Clear Picture Cache" functionality
> Allows creation and customization of Albums to contain your images
> Provides automatic thumbnailing, and caching, of your images for faster loading
> Allows users to comment or caption images
> Allows users to select a specific picture within an album to be used to highlight the album's contents
> Contains a full Web-based administration tool for managing your albums, images, comments/captions, including uploading your images for you, or bulk adding images that have been previously uploaded
> Allows you to quickly send an e-mail with a link of your gallery, a specific album or a specific image to a friend or list of friends
> The look and feel of your nGallery is fully customizable, without touching any code
> Supports the concept of "skinning" where users can customize the look and feel of nGallery and then easily share those with the community
> Integrates with Shutterfly so that you can transfer and print images
> Allows you to customize the album-listing page to be either in line or a grid layout
> Configures almost all features in one central text file
> Allows you to secure the administration tool
> Allows you to password protect your entire photo gallery
If upgrading from v1.0 and using SQL Server, be sure to run the update script in the 'sql' directory. Also, it is recomment that you clear the pictures cache to take advantage of the improved thumbnailing. To do this, log into the admin interface and click "Clear Picture Cache" on the left hand menu under "Actions".
We encourage you to grab a copy, subscribe to the mail list (email@example.com) and contribute!
If you find any bugs, please send a detailed description to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thanks, and hope everyone enjoys it,
Jason Alexander (email@example.com)