Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:53 PM
Excel XML Toolbox for Microsoft Office Excel 2003
A must have tool for every Information-worker-technology developer, get
it from the MS Download Center.
The Excel XML Toolbox for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 provides many
useful tools for working with XML in Excel. This toolbox helps developers in a
number of ways:
Working with Custom-defined XML Schema
- Reload schema into workbooks while preserving cell mappings.
- Build a schema or add to an existing schema, directly from Excel.
- View the schema for XML maps stored within workbooks.
Working with XML and the Excel Object Model
- Quickly refresh all XML maps with bound data sources.
- Refresh XML maps with bound data sources and persist cell formulas for
- Use a new XML Range Properties tool to view XML mapped cell properties
and to copy the XPath or Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
statement to the Clipboard.
- View the exportable XML data without exporting.
Working with SpreadsheetML
- Quickly save the workbook as SpreadsheetML.
- View the SpreadsheetML for the active workbook.
Shortcuts and More
- Quickly open and close the XML Source task pane.
- Turn on and off the borders for XML mapped cells.