VisualSVN for the win
A very long time ago I set up Subversion on one of my servers, and did it the old fashioned way... mucking about with config files and all of that with an instance of Apache. Yuck. I remember it taking a few hours because I hadn't seen Apache since, well, since long before I would've called myself a professional code monkey.
In any case, VisualSVN has since appeared, and I used that with much joy at my last gig because it took virtually no effort to install. The biggest win, however, was the right-clickability to set permissions, which is awesome. So I figured, what the heck, back it up and see what happens. I stopped the Apache service, ran the installer, pointed the repo directory to the one I already had, and like magic, it worked. I had to remove the all users from the root permission first. Then I had to change the IP setting to just use one IP instead of listen on the same port on all IP's, but other than that, it worked. I uninstalled the stand-alone instance of Apache, and now all is well.
+1 to everyone who has worked on that product. I love it when stuff just works.