POP Forums v9.3 Beta posted with mobile views for ASP.NET MVC 4
Download the bits from CodePlex here. Visit a live demo (preferably on a mobile device) here.
This is an extremely experimental build of POP Forums v9.3, which includes jQuery Mobile and mobile views baked in for mobile formatting sauce. It requires ASP.NET MVC 4 Beta, which you can download here. Of course, feel free to submit bugs to the issue tracker.
See a live demo here: http://popforums.com/Forums
- Uses jQuery Mobile and the ASP.NET MVC4 beta to provide mobile-optimized views.
- Numbers are formatted (sensitive to culture) when 1,000 or higher.
- CSS is more integration friendly, and specific to the ForumContainer element.
- FIX: Bug in topic repository around caching keys for single-server data layer.
- FIX: Pager links on recent topics pointed to incorrect route.
- Update to jQuery v1.7.1.
- Replaced use of .live() with .on() in script, pursuant to jQuery update, which deprecates .live().
- This is a first attempt at using jQuery Mobile, and as such, it's not great.
- AJAX loading is explicitly turned off, for now, until I spend more time understanding what it does and how it caches stuff. Kind of important in an ever-changing forum.
- Scrolling to newest post doesn't work because of how jQuery Mobile uses URL hashes. See previous point.
- Integrating with an existing site is messy.