[code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait) - Jon Galloway

[code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

Summary: We often need to provide a user message informing the user that their request is “processing”.  Like the hour-glass mouse pointer lets the Windows user know the system is busy processing their last request, I have a simple, clean, and effect solution to providing this on web pages.

BusyBox Demo

[via  Building a Better Busy Box (Processing… Please Wait) - Ver 1.2]

Check out the demo - very nice eye-candy to entertain your user while running long running operations like file uploads, webservice calls, etc. [update: failed humor attempt removed]

Published Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:39 AM by Jon Galloway
Filed under:

Comments

# re: [code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

lol. You apparently missed the point.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:12 PM by Mark Wagner

# re: [code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

Mark -
Sorry if my attempt at humor came off wrong. Long running processes like uploads, webservice calls, etc., are often unavoidable. This is much better than what I've done in the past. I'll update the text.
- Jon

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:08 PM by Jon Galloway

# re: [code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

No problem Jon. Your last comment has completely redeemed yourself in my eyes. I appreciate your kind response. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:12 PM by Mark Wagner

# re: [code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

After Ajax we all expect to see things like that to stop making requests.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 3:40 PM by Albert Pascual

# re: [code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

Ran into one problem - making an ajax request pops the box.   Kind of a showstopper for me.

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:07 AM by Nick H

# re: [code] ASP.NET Busy Box 1.2 (Processing... Please Wait)

How to activate this from vb.net code behind ???

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:19 AM by callmeonnet