Monoppix 1.0.6 Release
Monoppix is a bootable Linux CD that runs .NET applications on the Mono framework. It makes it easy to see your .NET code running on Linux without installing a thing.
This is mostly a stack upgrade release. Here's what's included in Monoppix 1.0.6:
- Monodoc, mcs, Mono, libgdiplus, gtk-sharp 1.06
- Xsp 1.0.8
- Monodevelop 0.51
- Cairo 0.2
- (continued support of MySQL 4.1.7)
- Included .Net in Samples book (HTML format)
- Improved desktop links
- Monodevelop bug fixes
- Application execution directly from monodevelop is now fixed
- The project type images are now properly displayed
New Team Members
We've added some new team members - Perica Zivkovic and Mark Neustadt:
Perica brings us some Open Source development experience from his previous work with the iPodder project. He's made himself busy:
We asked Mark to join our team due to his great training contributions to the Monoppix community. He graciously accepted and moved all his content onto the Monoppix.com site.
- He's authored 7 beginner and 5 advanced Monoppix tutorials, ranging from an introduction to the environment all the way to desktop development (GtK#), MySQL, and XSP
- Tutorials include video, source code, and developer manuals
- We're seeing 20+ video downloads per day
- Downloading a Live CD preconfigured with Mono on Linux is a pretty big shortcut to getting a look at Mono development, but Mark's video tutorials make it a 5 minute exercise. You just gotta see these things - they're really well done!
- Monoppix was featured in the May Polish PC World Magazine cover DVD - 65K copies
- Approximately 1500 ftp and BT downloads since March (probably many more that we can't track)
- As always, please help seeding the torrent. We've pre-seeded pretty well this time, so downloads should be pretty quick
- If you can provide an appropriate torrent tracker which is dedicated to legal software releases, let us know (current tracker is running off our site)
- We'd like some input on roadmap. What would you like to see in future versions? We're hard at work on a 1.1.7 release, and it's looking like it's going to be really cool.
- Give Monoppix a spin!
As always, you can contact the Monoppix team via the Monoppix bulletin board or via the contact link on my weblog.