New Job at Vertigo Software - Jon Galloway

New Job at Vertigo Software

I just finished my second week as Vertigo Software's newest employee. You might know Vertigo from their work on cool projects like Family.Show, or you may have seen or heard Vertigo's CEO Scott Stanfield, or you may have noticed that funny upside down / backwards logo on Jeff Atwood's CodingHorror blog.

I was super fired up about this right when I took the job, and after spending my first week onsite I was even more fired up. The people are great, and the work is right up my alley - I've been building business software on mature frameworks by day, then playing with new alpha and beta technologies on nights and weekends for the past ten years; my first day at Vertigo I was installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2, Silverlight 1.0 RC, and the latest 3.5 build of AJAX Control Toolkit (and reading up on LinqToSql and the Policy Injection App Block) to dig into my first project.

Here's the group at Vertigo. I was demonstrating my super-pogo technique when I took this picture, which is why they're smiling so much.

Published Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:07 AM by Jon Galloway
Filed under:

Comments

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

Waitaminute. So on your trip up there, everyone happened to be wearing a Vertigo t-shirt? You sure you didn't join a cult?

I kid. I kid. Congrats! Sounds like a great fit for you.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 11:04 AM by Haacked

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

Well... okay, I didn't really take that picture. I just lifted it from their website.

But, yes, everyone wears their Vertigo shirt every day. It's not so strange once you get used to it.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:00 PM by Jon Galloway

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

I love that Jeff Atwood is placed dead-center in that picture.

They know who brings home the bacon. ;)

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:48 PM by Matt Blodgett

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

From wiki, "...The effects of vertigo may be slight. It can cause nausea and vomiting or, if severe, may give rise to difficulty with standing and walking..." - Hey I get that every day from just drinking too much coffee ;-)

Hope they won't make you work too hard.

Good luck Jon!

Roiy

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:57 PM by Roiy Zysman

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

Congratulations Jon!

Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2, Silverlight 1.0 RC, and the latest 3.5 build of AJAX Control Toolkit, first day...now that's cool :)

Saturday, August 18, 2007 6:59 PM by Adam Kinney

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

Welcome to the team :)

Saturday, August 18, 2007 9:42 PM by Brian

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

how do we get a t-shirt?

Friday, August 24, 2007 12:28 PM by dave thieben

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

Mazal Tov Jon!

I've heard the name "vertigo software" before (and their TFS RSS is the only TFS RSS I've subscribed too). I guess they just got better with adding you to their team.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:26 AM by Justin-Josef Angel [MVP]

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

> I'll be staying in San Diego and traveling to Vertigo (Point Richmond, CA - near Oakland) regularly.

.. aaaaaand writing more blog entries*, right? Right?

* since Vertigo won't work you like a draft horse, as your previous employer did.. :)

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:27 PM by Jeff Atwood

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

Late to the party (as usual), but congratulations Jon! Looks like a very cool company to work with.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 12:16 AM by Scott Galloway

# re: New Job at Vertigo Software

where are the people of color

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:28 PM by deborah