The latest version of Rainbow (RC2) has been released on sourceforge:
What's New since V220.127.116.118 (RC1):
- Improved new portal creation. Now Modules are referenced by GUID and not by name
- More info logged ( Rainbow now uses log4net)
- Ecommerce Enhancement (add options to products)
- PageKeyPhrase module has been added
- Ecommerce Enhancement: New Module for editing Merchant Data Table
- Ecommerce Enhancement: Gateway and Shipping selection is made via a nice drop down list
- HeaderMenu enhancement: Gives you more options to allow complete control of what is shown.
- Contacts Module Enhancement: add hiding possibility for email, contact1 and contact2 column in Contacts module.
- SolPart menu (Sollution Partners) added and and new DesktopLayout 'MenuMSSolpart' added
- All modules now reside in their own folder and have their own install.xml file and install script.
- Rainbow installation and update process has been dramtically improved to make the process a lot easier.
- A lot of bug fixes (please view the history to see the changes).
- New images have been added.
- Rainbow Shop has been setup (if you have a module you want to sell please visit the site): http://shop.rainbowportal.net.
- Cory has been investigating the next version of asp.net to see how we can take advantage of the new features for v2 of rainbow.
- More content has been updated/added on the rainbow site.
Expect some interesting rainbow news within the next two weeks :D
To see what bugs have been fixed and what changes have happened since the last release please see the history article or download rainbow and see the history.txt file:
History and details of the changes can be found here: