Happy New Year
Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!
2007 had its ups and downs but it will always be considered a great year as 2007 was the year I became a dad.
Things to aim for in 2008:
- Learn Silverlight (I've had a quick play and read books but I really want to learn it by building an app or site of some kind).
One of the ways I'll be aiming to learn Silverlight is by looking at Silverlight and it's impact on SEO (Search Engine Optimisation/Optimization). I'll aim to do this through a site focused on that subject http://www.silverlightseo.net
- Learn LINQ and WCF
- Perhaps look into Iron Ruby or Iron Python to complement my C#
- Continue to focus on CI
- Spend more time with my family
- Run twice a week, swim at least once a week
- Catch up with old friends more often than I managed in 2007
- Try to learn a new language (not code related)
- Restart my POI (Points of Interest) posts
Happy New Year to you all.