Jesse Liberty interviewed me about ASP.NET MVC 3 recently on Yet Another Podcast. It was a lot of fun being a guest on a podcast for a change. Here are some of the highlights:
- Some introductory chatter about Herding Code and whatnot (skip to 3:50 if you're not interested)
- Jon's history of MVC releases (and Jesse's reminder that MVC is an old pattern that predates ASP.NET by decades)
- An overview of what's in new in MVC 3
- Model Validation
- Advanced features like Dependency Injection
- Links to some of the top MVC information on the ASP.NET website: http://asp.net/mvc and http://asp.net/mvc/mvc3
- Razor view engine - why another view engine, what it's like, why Jon loves working with it
- Jesse asks Jon if all ASP.NET developers should learn MVC, and if there are cases where you'd want to stay with Web Forms
- Jesse asks Jon about how to learn about MVC 3 since the MVC books out now all focus on MVC 2
- Jesse asks about the current release status of MVC, how to install it, etc.
It's a quick 30 minute show, check it out - and don't forget to subscribe to YapCast.