Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

Well, I have to say, that even as a developer on the Terrarium, I've chosen to taken a long hiatus away from the world of creature coding, setting up insanely difficult to maintain servers, and battling the grid based movement system.  But not everyone felt the same way I did about the project and it has continued to move forward with time.  As a matter of fact, some people may have seen some of the graphics updates at the PDC, and still others might currently be running the latest client built for the .NET Framework V1.1.

With all these latest enhancements I'm willing to jump back into the foray.  I'm sure they could definitely use some extra peers to extend the current EcoSystem.  The Terrarium Farm is back up over at WindowsForms.NET with some new and helpful code, you can grab the latest client, and maybe particpate on the forums a bit.

So where do I stand as things move forward?  Well, I think I'm going to jump in and try to help out with the source code release, so everyone can see what a great coding demonstration the Terrarium really is.  I also have some goodies in the form of a peer based community site for the Terrarium and a new version of the Terrarium Server that is insanely easy to get up and running.  So if you were ever intersted in the project, I think now is a good time to revisit any ties you might have and get yourself back up to speed for the public source code release.  Time to have some fun!

Published Monday, January 19, 2004 8:24 PM by Justin Rogers
Filed under:

Comments

Friday, January 23, 2004 5:53 AM by Illumineo

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

Does it mean I'll be able to write my own agent system with the help of a Terrarium SDK, or something alike?

Friday, January 23, 2004 9:07 PM by Justin Rogers

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

Once the source code is released, you should be able to do some work and get your own agent system running.

You can also watch my series on Plug-Ins since I'll be discussing a generic framework for getting agents to run safely.
Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:38 AM by ipad app marketing

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

A thousand-li journey is started by taking the first step.

-----------------------------------

Friday, December 24, 2010 12:09 PM by the ipad review

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

Nothing for nothing.

-----------------------------------

Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:37 PM by best ipad case

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

-----------------------------------------------------------

I prefer to acquire breaks in the course of the my working day and seem through some blogs to find out what others are referring to. This blog occurred to present up in my searches and  I could not support clicking on it. I am glad I did due to the fact it was a extremely satisfying learn.

Saturday, April 9, 2011 7:21 AM by Terrarium

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

A terrarium is a collection of compatible plants grown in an enclosed, or partially enclosed, clear container.

Creating a terrarium filled with ferns and other small plants is a practical and fun way to have a miniature landscape inside your home.

Friday, July 1, 2011 1:19 PM by Eveline Sword

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

hank for this very good web log! I completely appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:37 PM by Kendall

# re: Revisiting the .NET Terrarium

That's a very first-class viewpoint, conversely isnt create any other kind of sence at all preaching about that will mather. Just about any approach gives thanks and also thought about aim to reveal your up to date article in to delicius however it surely is apparently an issue using your websites is it doable please recheck this. many thanks once more.