Important changes to the BASE element for IE 7
Looks like my post went live over on the IETB regarding changes we made to the BASE element in IE 7. Previously the BASE element had some issues, primarily by design, that made certain actions within the guts of IE very easy to do, but polluted the exposed object model and overall tree hiearchy. Well, it was time to fix that. If you are interested in how we fixed it, go check out my entry All your <base> are belong to us.
There have been some comments on the post so I'll try to cover them over here with what might be some interesting posts about how IE works.