Kevin Dente's Blog

The Blip in the Noise
.NET Framework 1.2?

For some reason I had it in my head that the next version of the .NET Framework would be 2.0. I'm not sure why - maybe the stream of references to Whidbey/2.0 in various blogs. But recently I've seen mention of .NET 1.2 pop up in a couple of 'softies' blogs - but no where else. Anyone know what gives?

Published Thursday, June 12, 2003 8:34 PM by kevindente

Comments

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Friday, June 13, 2003 12:00 AM

I am not a MS guy, but I am aware of this framework version. My understanding is that it has been used with Whidbey and Yukon internal builds. I was also under the impression that by the time Whidbey and Yukon are released, that the Framework version would be a 2.0 version. I have no confirmation of that however.

randy

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Friday, June 13, 2003 12:11 AM

can you get specific on where you saw this?

Robert McLaws

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Saturday, June 14, 2003 2:14 PM

As you know, Whdibey is still under active developement. Current builds are stamped with the 1.2 verision number, but we have NOT made the final call on that the version number will be. My personal bet is that it will be a 2.0.... but we will see.

Brad Abrams

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Thursday, September 4, 2003 4:25 AM

Trust me, the next one should be 1.2 and available together with yukon beta 1

Derek L.

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Friday, January 9, 2004 3:42 PM

The .Net framework version 1.2 is also referred to as 2.0.

Paritosh

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Thursday, May 6, 2004 2:34 PM

what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?

what?

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Monday, February 4, 2008 12:55 AM

THere is nothing like version 1.2

Version 1.1 was shipped with visual studio 2003

and with visual studio 2005 framework 2.0 is shipped

Vishal Gajjar

# re: .NET Framework 1.2?@ Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:21 AM

I see .Net Framework 1.2 in Windows CodeName "LongHorn" M5.

Regards.