nGallery v1.6.1 released!
nGallery v1.6.1 is now available for download!
Visit the nGallery site at http://www.ngallery.org to download!
nGallery is a FREEWARE, OPEN SOURCE implementation of a image gallery written purely in managed .NET and C#.
nGallery provides a solution to store and display your image galleries on your own Web site, as well as providing means for customizing and extending nGallery to your own personal likings.
This release features many new enhancements including EXIF support, RSS feeds, brand new automated installer, friendly URL support, completely rewritten image handling, watermarking, refactor XML support, and much much more!
> Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 *
> Ability to manage directory-level permissions
> Ability to configure a directory as an application directory (for global.asax processing)
> While a database is not required, if you wish to run the SQL Server data provider you obviously must have access to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 or above.
* = nGallery is currently tested with Mono as of April 22nd, 2004 snapshot.
New in this release:
* Configuration built in to administration interface
* Rewritten image handlers
* Image watermarking
* Ability to send invitations to friends/family and see when they've visited
* Reading of EXIF data
* RSS feeds for whole site or for individual albums
* Sorting options
* Friendly URLs to album name or by album ID
* Rewritten XML data provider that uses a Singleton for improved performance
* Brand new installer allowing allowing full customization of the nGallery install and ready to run out of the box.
* Mono compatible! nGallery has been tested on Mono and is ready to run.
* Admin: Displaying of item's IDs
* Admin: Migration tool to upgrade from pre-v1.6 repository to new structure
* Admin: Picture thumbnail generated when images are uploaded
* Fixed: Added support to specify the character set
* Fixed: Picture view count added to front-end
* Added ability to read IPTC values when images are uploaded
* Added link to picture from the album's summary image
* Added client side caching of images
* Fixed: Problems with specifying image quality
* Fixed: Error in returning next album ID in SQL data provider
* Fixed: Foreign key error on deleting in SQL data provider
* Fixed: Location of admin directory no longer hard coded
* Fixed: Fix errors when website is on a non-default port
* Fixed: Bulk Add now properly sets created date
> Allows creation and customization of Albums to contain your images
> Provides automatic thumbnailing, and caching, of your images for faster loading
> Allows users to comment or caption images
> Allows users to select a specific picture within an album to be used to highlight the album's contents
> Contains a full Web-based administration tool for managing your albums, images, comments/captions, including uploading your images for you, or bulk adding images that have been previously uploaded
> Allows you to quickly send an e-mail with a link of your gallery, a specific album or a specific image to a friend or list of friends
> Allows you to maintain an address book of friends and family, as well as to send them invitations to your albums and track when they've visited.
> Ability to read and display EXIF and IPTC data from pictures.
> Ability for users to subscribe to RSS feeds to keep up on updates.
> The look and feel of your nGallery is fully customizable, without touching any code
> Supports the concept of "skinning" where users can customize the look and feel of nGallery and then easily share those with the community
> Integrates with Shutterfly so that you can transfer and print images
> Allows you to customize the album-listing page to be either in line or a grid layout
> Configures almost all features in one central text file
> Allows you to secure the administration tool
> Allows you to password protect your entire photo gallery
We encourage you to grab a copy, subscribe to the mail list (http://www.aspadvice.com/SignUp/list.aspx?l=155&c=25) and contribute!
Please feel free to visit the nGallery forum at ASP.NET Forums or by linking from the Support menu at ngallery.org.
Thanks, and hope everyone enjoys it,
Ken Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the whole nGallery Team (email@example.com)