Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:39 PM lasseeskildsen

The asp.net <deployment retail=”true” /> attribute

When deploying ASP.NET applications to a production environment, you will most likely want to set the compilation debug attribute in web.config to false, as having debug set to true has some downsides:

• Compilation takes longer as batch optimizations are disabled
  • Scripts and images from WebResources.axd will not be cached on the client
  • Larger memory footprint
  • Code will execute slower because of enabled debug paths

To force debug = false in all ASP.NET applications on the server, you can change the retail switch in machine.config:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<deployment retail="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

This will also disable page output trace and force custom error pages.

Filed under: , ,

Comments

# re: The asp.net <deployment retail=”true” /> attribute

Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:52 PM by ravi

can u mention abt unnecessary files to be excluded ....

# re: The asp.net <deployment retail=”true” /> attribute

Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:54 AM by codedefiner

good article

you can find some information about Asp.net Deployment at

<a href="www.codedefiner.com/.../aspnetDeployement.aspx">Deployment of Asp.Net website</a>

# re: The asp.net <deployment retail=”true” /> attribute

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:07 PM by Ismael

como areglo la configuracion no hay una cosa o algo para presionar y areglar todo

# re: The asp.net <deployment retail=”true” /> attribute

Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:18 AM by Sorocaba Shopping

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of itBUseful information.

# re: The asp.net <deployment retail=”true” /> attribute

Monday, May 20, 2013 1:58 PM by bolwar mohammed

I get evry time customerorsmode please remove