Another chance to get this awesome Silverlight training! The Silverlight Tour has one more class in Montreal, and provide top Silverlight 4 content!!!
>> This course will be taught in French * <<
- What: Silverlight training
- When: September 06-09 (4 days)
- Where: Montreal, Qc
- Registration/info: http://www.runatserver.com/SilverlightTraining.aspx
Also note that we offer a free license of Telerik's RadControls for Silverlight to every attendee ($999 value)!!
For more information on RadControls, visit:
* We do english class as well… check our website!
In my quest to learn WCF RIA Services I read a lot of articles and I thought I could share the most useful and highest quality links I found.
Nikhil Kothari has a very nice set of advanced articles (pure gems):
- .NET RIA Services: From Vision to Architecture
- RIA Services and Validation
- RIA Services and Authorization
- RIA Services and Authentication
- RIA Services and Authentication - Part 2 (Using Roles)
In fact he explains the code he uses in his awesome RIA Services Essential code sample:
If you want in depth info on the core of this technology, I definitely recommend reading Mike Taulty blog (technically insane content!):
- Silverlight and WCF RIA Services (1 - Overview)
- Silverlight and WCF RIA Services (2 – Services)
- Silverlight and WCF RIA Services (3 – Client)
- Silverlight and WCF RIA Services (4 – RIA Services Libraries)
- Silverlight and WCF RIA Services (5–Authentication)
Brian Noyes has started a series of great articles on SilverlightShow.com :
- Getting Started with WCF RIA Services
- Querying Data Through WCF RIA Services
- Updating Data Through WCF RIA Services
- More to come soon…
Brad Abrams, while in charge of this technology, wrote an incredible number of articles on the different ways to use RIA Services, very different then the classic SQL Express/Entity Framework/Linq/Domain Service samples. He shows how you can use RIA Services with Linq To Sql, NHibernate, POCO, ADO.NET DataSet, WCF Data Services, WCF, DTO, Custom Linq Provider, Stored Procedures, Sql Azure, WPF, MVC, MVVM, WinForms, …... Fantastic and original content, a book should be created based on this work!!
- Brad Abrams 26 part Introduction to WCF RIA Services
(content might be outdated but still awesome, a must read!)
After that, if you still have questions (and you will..), you should ask on the official WCF RIA Services forum: